Datos personales

Mi foto
LIMA, Peru
ENGLISH-SPANISH TEACHER EDUCATIONAL RESEARCHER

viernes, 10 de junio de 2011

READING POETRY

Margaret Atwood


Born in Ottawa, Canada, as a poet and novelist Margaret Eleanor Atwood has already won her wide recognition as Canada's foremost woman of letters, and she has been one of the most troubling and most visionary authors of our time. Hers is a voice to which we must attend as we approach the end of an anguished century. Atwood pointed out that she had begun dealing with themes such as growing up female in the 1950s and gender-role changes before they were popularized by the women's liberation movement. You can read and listen here one of her poems recorded by Frank Healey.
TASK

(born 1939)
READ AND PRACTICE. YOU CAN LISTEN IN THIS PAGE.
http://www.ompersonal.com.ar/ompoetry/atwood2.htm


Click on PLAY to listen.
Pulsa en REPRODUCIR para escuchar.

You Take My Hand

You take my hand and
suddenly I'm in a bad movie,
it goes on and on and
why am I fascinated
We waltz in slow motion
through the air stale with aphorisms
we meet behind
endless potted palms
you climb through the wrong windows
Other people are leaving
but I always stay until the end
I paid my money,
I want to see what happens.
In chance bathtubs I have to
peel you off me
in the form of smoke and melted
celluloid
Have to face it I'm
finally an addict,
the smell of popcorn and worn plush
lingers for weeks.

Margaret Atwood
Me Tomas de la Mano

Me tomas de la mano y
de pronto me encuentro en una mala película,
sigue y sigue y
por qué me siento fascinada
Bailamos en cámara lenta
a través del aire viciado de aforismos
nos encontramos detrás de
infinitas palmeras enmacetadas
tú atraviesas las ventanas equivocadas
Otras personas se están retirando
pero siempre me quedo hasta el final
me costó dinero
quiero ver qué sucede.
En bañeras accidentales tengo que
quitarte de mi piel
en forma de humo y derretido
celuloide
Tengo que asumirlo soy
finalmente una adicta,
el olor del pochoclo en la tela de algodón
persiste durante semanas.

Margaret Atwood

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

PERIODICO VIRTUAL RUBJAN

http://rubjanconocimientoenaccion.blogspot.com/

TRADUCCIÓN Y PRONUNCIACIÓN DE IDIOMAS

LA METODOLOGÍA CEFE EN EL APRENDIZAJE DE LENGUAS EXTRANJERAS

Es una propuesta innovadora que motiva a los estudiantes a desarrollar conocimientos, habilidades, destrezas y actitudes.

METODOLOGÍA CEFE EN EL APRENDIZAJE DEL IDIOMA INGLÉS I.E. N°1248"5 DE ABRIL" HUAYCÁN

METODOLOGÍA CEFE EN EL APRENDIZAJE DEL IDIOMA INGLÉS I.E. N°1248"5 DE ABRIL" HUAYCÁN
ALUMNOS INNOVADORES 5"D"

A World of Translation Work